Clover Public Library District Minutes Stated Meeting March 20, 2019
The stated meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by President Nancy Swanson. Also present were board members Pam Eiker, Vera Fornander, Deborah Kelly, Dale Lanning, Cheyanna Losey, Breanna McLaughlin, Head Librarian Rene Bramlett, and Bookkeeper Barb Lutrell.
The minutes from the January 16, 2019, meeting were read by Cheyanna. A motion was made by Vera to approve the minutes and seconded by Deb. Motion carried. There was not a meeting in February due to the weather so no minutes were read.
Barb presented the monthly expense and income report. A motion was made by Dale to accept the report as presented and seconded by Vera. Motion carried.
Rene presented her report. A motion was made by Breanna and seconded by Deb to accept the report as presented. Motion carried.
- Building Projects – Ron Carlson repaired the roof. The repair was to replace and secure shingles. The toilets in both restrooms have been installed and completed. Baby changing stations were installed in both restrooms. The town had the sewer system flushed and all of that work has been completed. All the inside light bulbs are now LED.
- Butterfly Garden – Carol Van De Walle will be maintaining the garden again this year.
- Copy machine – Bids were received from Office Machine Consultants (OMC) and Digital Copy Systems, LLC (DCS). A motion was made by Vera and seconded by Pam to accept the contract from DCS which is $4,554.00 for sixty months. 7 yes – 0 no. Motion carried.
- May meeting – Nancy and Rene will contact the new trustees to invite them to the April meeting. At that meeting they will help set the meeting date for the May meeting.
- New Trustees – to-be-elected trustees Patty Colburn and Tonya Williams will begin attending meetings in May. Outgoing trustees Vera Fornander and Cheyanna Losey’s last meeting will be in April.
- Programming – An invitation is being extended to Donna Johnson to do her program again. Discussion was had about publicizing events. We will use the Facebook page, website, flyers posted around town, and send announcements to the AlWood churches.
- Summer Reading Program – Jim has started preparing the program. The theme is Showtime at the Library.
- Thank you to Vera and Cheyanna for their years of service.
- The next meeting will be April 17, 2019 at 7 p.m.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:45 p.m. with a motion from Deb and seconded by Breanna. Motion carried.
Rev. Dr. Cheyanna L. Losey
Clover Public Library District Minutes Stated Meeting January 16, 2019
The stated meeting was called to order by President Nancy Swanson at 7:00 p.m. Also present were board members Vera Fornander, Dale Lanning, Pam Eiker, Deborah Kelly, Breanna McLaughlin, Bookkeeper Barb Lutrell, and Head Librarian Rene Bramlett. Excused: Cheyanna Losey.
The minutes from the October 17, 2018 meeting were read by Nancy Swanson.. A motion was made by Vera to approve the minutes and seconded by Deb. Motion carried.
Dale presented the monthly expense and income report. A motion was made by Dale and seconded by Vera to accept the corrected report. Motion carried.
Rene presented her report. A motion was made by Deb and seconded by Breanna to accept the report as presented. Motion carried.
- A report was given on the Christmas Walk in December.
- Programming was discussed, and Breanna reported the author Rob Erwin is not doing events at the present time.
- The issue of the May/June meetings to include the installation of the newly elected trustees was tabled.
- The replacement of the Copy machine was tabled because the present contract will be up in December 2019, and there are no serious problems with the present machine at this time. Office Machine Consultants have not responded to a request for bids for a new machine, a request made after the last meeting in October 2018.
- There was no new business at this time.
- The next meeting will be February 20, 2019 at 7 p.m.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:30 p.m. with a motion by Vera and seconded by Dale. Motion carried.